‘Tis the season for F. Scott Fitzgerald quotes and all things pumpkin spice. We spent the first day of fall at Sequoyah Park, a serene green space that’s perfect for early morning runs (and photo shoots, of course).
Anthropologie hat / Fabletics shirt / Topshop denim / Nike sneakers
Our post looks a little different this week, because (drum roll please…) the talented home cooking blogger Hillary of 918 Plate.com nominated us for the Liebster Award! We are beyond flattered–thank you so much, Hillary!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Newbie Blogging Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers, usually for those who have less than 200 followers, by other bloggers as a way to support each other in our journey to growing and building our blogs.
What are the rules?
- Post your award to your blog.
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a small group of other new bloggers you’ve discovered.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
Hillary’s questions with M+R’s responses:
01. When did you start your blog?
M+R: We published our very first post on March 5, 2015.
02. What’s the one big thing you want your readers to know?
M: Our blog gives readers a taste of our personalities and creative sides while living in a smaller city.
R: It makes my day when someone tells me they enjoy reading our posts! It’s so nice to receive feedback and music suggestions from readers.
03. What is your main purpose/goal of blogging?
M: As we are fashion and music lovers, it’s a fantastic outlet for us to express these things that we love so much to the public eye. I’m also able to explore and challenge myself with the latest fashion trends.
R: We public relations majors are always striving to improve our writing skills. I started blogging because it’s a fun, creative outlet to express myself through my writing and photography.
04. Where is your favorite place in the world?
M: My favorite place in the world would be Cinque Terre, Italy! I love it because it’s a collection of vibrant and beautiful towns by the ocean.
R: It’s a tie between Chicago and San Francisco. Both cities are home to the dreamiest, most diverse culture, food, architecture, art and music scenes.
05. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
M: I would love to have dinner with either Natalie Portman or Win Butler.
R: Mark Zuckerberg.
06. What is your 3-sentence “pitch” of what your blog is about?
M+R: Mimi + Roxanne is a music and fashion photography blog based in Knoxville, Tennessee. Each week, we highlight artists of varying genres whose work we admire. We hope that M+R is a source for both sartorial and musical inspiration.
07. Do you have a favorite childhood memory?
M: My favorite childhood memory would be when I got to go to the animal shelter with my dad and play with all the dogs, as I wasn’t allowed to have a dog growing up. This was the highlight of my childhood years.
R: This is kind of silly, but I vividly remember having frequent dance parties with my entire family to the song “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba. The 90’s were awesome.
08. Can you listen to other things while you blog, or does it need to be quiet?
R: I listen to our featured artist’s album for some inspiration before I start writing each week, but generally prefer to blog in silence.
09. Do you know your average word count on your posts?
M+R: Most of our posts have between 150 and 250 words. Short and sweet.
10. What’s your favorite color? 🙂
M: I don’t really have a favorite color, but I would say all neutrals and blues.
R: Yellow. All day.
Who do we nominate for the Liebster Award?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What is the most difficult aspect of blogging?
- What is your favorite song of the moment and why?
- What is a charity/nonprofit you are passionate about?
- How would you like to improve yourself in the next year?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Money is no object – where do you go and what do you do there?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish in your lifetime?
Congratulations, fellow bloggers!